Saturday, November 03, 2007

Top 10 reasons I profess my love of Yoga

1. Improved posture, flexibility, and balance

2. Getting Stronger

3. Internal organ & spinal massage (and anything that involves my sacrum). It beats a professional massage!

4. Liver cleanse (twisting those organs)

5. Meditation (a moment of gratitude, peace)

6. Get to relax the muscles in my face and jaw (even my tongue)

7. Watching amazing older classmates outdo the younger ones (It gives me something to look forward to.)

8. Inversions (get to feel like a kid again)

9. My Yoga instructor is not ashamed to show her imperfect belly (she doesn't have a flat stomach, or abs of steel like most aerobics instructors)

10. Today while doing a deep stretch someone let out a big fart (and no one laughed). A reminder not to take oneself too seriously.

2 comments:

Trailhead said...

Today while doing a deep stretch someone let out a big fart (and no one laughed).

No WAY. No one laughed? I wouldn't have been able to stop myself from cracking up. I get into my yoga, but I still would've noticed a fart. But I'm actually a 12-year old boy disguised as a 37 year old woman.

Rose said...

Believe me...everyone noticed. But no one laughed out loud b/c 1) everyone was into their yoga stretch, and 2) it easy could have been any one of us. Rest assured, I still laughed inside.