Saturday, December 08, 2007

I Love LA


The video above was created using shots of LA and follows the songs lyrics. The creator is beating his/herself up over not including Dodger Stadium (but he/she did include another ballpark - Angel Stadium).

It warms my heart to hear this "I Love LA" song by Randy Newman played after sporting events in LA. It stirs up my love of LA, the city I grew up in and love. Plus it also means that the LA team won. Yay!

Today I had one of those euphoric "I Love LA" moments. I was sitting in the park with my daughter after shopping for fresh produce at the local farmer's market. The sun was shining on a beautiful LA winter day. I was eating a tamale, and wearing my flip flops (after Yoga), and just so happy and thankful to be living in LA, and not anywhere else in the world (aka it's still warm here and we have blue skies even in December).

Ever read the lyrics?
(Don't know if I agree with people in NY dressing like monkeys - but the rest he got right.)

Hate New York City
It's cold and it's damp
And all the people dressed like monkeys
Let's leave Chicago to the Eskimos
That town's a little bit too rugged
For you and me you bad girl

Rollin' down the Imperial Highway
With a big nasty redhead at my side
Santa Ana winds blowin' hot from the north
And we was born to ride

Roll down the window put down the top
Crank up the Beach Boys baby
Don't let the music stop
We're gonna ride it till we just can't ride it no more

>From the South Bay to the Valley
>From the West Side to the East Side
Everybody's very happy
'Cause the sun is shining all the time
Looks like another perfect day

I love L.A. (We love it)
I love L.A. (We love it)

Look at that mountain
Look at those trees
Look at that bum over there, man
He's down on his knees
Look at these women
There ain't nothin' like 'em nowhere

Century Boulevard (We love it)
Victory Boulevard (We love it)
Santa Monica Boulevard (We love it)
Sixth Street (We love it, we love it)

I love L.A.
I love L.A.
(We love it)

No comments: