Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Butterball House of Horrors

It's Thanksgiving Eve.

I was reading an article about Bush pardoning a turkey when I came across this video - Butterball House of Horrors.

It was taken at a Butterball slaughterhouse by undercover investigators from PETA. The violence and cruelty inflicted on the turkeys by the Butterball employees is horrific. They even sexually assaulted the turkeys. Torture is what it amounts to. Chilling and the stuff nightmares are made of.

This year we got an organic turkey so HOPEFULLY it was treated more humanely. But in addition to training and oversight of these poultry workers, it makes me rethink my plans for next year's Thanksgiving dinner.

1 comment:

Trailhead said...

Free-range organic over here as well.

Hopefully next year's will be wild, if Mr. T gets lucky. Even though I'm no longer completely veg, I remain extremely uncomfortable with the meat industry, and I only eat game or free range animals.