Thursday, December 04, 2008

Ever had a stalker ex?

Well I have one and he found me on Facebook. No, we have no friends in common. But he's still thinking of me. Ugh.

I got creeped out just seeing his name in my inbox, when he sent me a "friend" request. And seeing his pic was downright frightening. If you've ever experienced a stalker ex - you know that at first they try and appear nice and sweet and then the true psycho behavior comes out when they won't take no for an answer.

I've been blogging about how much I've enjoyed rediscovering and reconnecting with old friends - some childhood friends going back to the 2nd grade - on Facebook. But my stalker ex finding me is obviously the ugly side of putting yourself out there, first and last name and all. For years I hesitated in publishing my last name as a precaution against something like this, but recently I threw caution to the wind and just went for it. So now I'm feeling mixed feelings about it.

But on the flip side there are all these people finder sites out there and if he really wanted to find me, he would have shown up on my doorstep by now. I just hope that seeing a recent pic of me with my family doesn't give him renewed energy to do something ridiculous like that, or fuel the fire of his delusional obsession with me. Maybe I should buy some pepper spray just to be on the safe side.

No comments: