Monday, July 12, 2010

Looking for an e-mail from you

Dad,
I went through my inbox today looking for an e-mail from you. The last time you e-mailed me was over 4 years ago, before the Alzheimer's interfered with your ability to use the computer. Your e-mail address was bmhook@juno.com. I remember you used to type in all caps and your e-mails were brief. How I long to read one of those e-mails again. Usually it was a photo of Astrid I sent you, or maybe a joke or something. You'd print out photos of Astrid & post them on your office wall. When you'd respond back you'd always end your e-mails by telling me you loved me. So sad I could not find one. I must have deleted them after reading them years ago, not knowing how one day I would long to get an e-mail from you.

I love you dad.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

I know how you feel about this Rose. I've even kept my Dad's email address because it's comforting to see his name on my contact list.