Monday, July 12, 2010

50's music reminds me of you dad



Dad,
I've found myself listening to a lot of 50's music after your death. It reminds me of you. You graduated from high school in 1952. It was a simpler time when you were young and healthy. You had your whole life ahead of you. I used to turn to the 50's radio channel for you when you were in the car with me, driving to your doctors appointments, hoping it would trigger a fond memory of your past. Bernard Jr. & I recently went through your old high school yearbooks looking at all the vintage photos. The 1950's era makes me think of you & all the promise your life held. Thinking of you young & healthy, rather than old & sick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Rose

Been awhile. Trailhead told me how to find you. Memory is so we may have roses in December. THey bring tears at first, but by February they are such a joy.

Bloggerdad

Rose said...

Bloggerdad,
So good to hear from you. Thank you for your comment & wisdom. I adored my dad & at the moment it feels like the worst pain ever grieving his loss. I asked TH to give you a big hug from me.

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog and your words resembled whats in my heart as I have already said so long to both my parents, but I found comfort on what the last book of the bible says. Revelation(Apocalypse) Chapter 21 verse 4 and also the words of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in Mathew 5:5.
May God bless you and all your family