Here are some random 1st observations of Austin
- Lush & green (unexpected for TX)
- Chilled beer on the bus/shuttle from the airport to our hotel (open containers of alcohol allowed in a moving vehicle)
- Mobile homes for $40K
- Fireworks superstore (biggest I've EVER seen)
- Restaurant with sign "Bikers Welcome"
- Cows & bulls grazing in the lush grass
- Smiley face painted on a water tank
- 15 minute drive from the entrance to the resort, to the lobby
- People are very friendly here
Today I slept in, ordered room service, read, and worked out. Later when the sun goes down a bit I'm heading out to the lazy river to get wet and enjoy the beautiful day. Just what the doctor ordered. =)
This resort is huge and there's lots to do for families (even horseback riding). Makes me want to come back with Astrid. Who by the way is spending a fun filled weekend with her Godmother. Yesterday was her ballet class and lots of swimming on a hot day. This morning they fed all the animals - which I'm sure was a treat for her - since she LOVES animals (her Godmother has 2 dogs and 3 cats). Later today her Godmother is taking her clothes shopping and then to a vintage car show. Lots of new sights and sounds and experiences. A treat for both of us - since she's having fun with her Godmother, and U. and I can have an adult weekend away to ourselves.