Wednesday, April 23, 2008

C-ya @ Coachella 2008!

It's that time of year again - the Coachella Music and Arts Festival at the Indio Polo fields in Coachella. I drove up last night and here I am this morning sitting on a couch in a beautiful home in Palm Springs with wifi, sipping my Chai latte, thinking about all the bands/artists I want to see at Coachella (and the cool art installations)...without any stress. The rat race seems miles away. Yeeessss!

This year we're doing it the right way
House in nearby Palm Springs with a pool for 4 days - check
Babysitter for 3 days (while the baby frolics in the pool we'll be having our own fun) - check
Friends sharing the house and excitement - check

Not only am I super stoked about this year's lineup, but it also feels like a real vacation even though it's only a 2.5 hours from home.

I'm also prepared with my handy dandy spreadsheet - of all the bands/artists I want to see sorted by times and locations. I'm an organized geek fer shizzle.

Dunno how many we will actually see, but here are my picks for Coachella 2008.

Friday

  • Black Kids
  • Architecture in Helsinki
  • Vampire Weekend
  • Tegan and Sara
  • Goldfrapp
  • The Verve
  • Jack Johnson
  • Fatboy Slim
  • Black Lips*

Saturday

  • Devotchka*
  • MGMT
  • Cold War Kids
  • Kate Nash
  • Dwight Yoakam
  • Death Cab for Cutie
  • MIA
  • Portishead
  • Prince

No comments: