Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Roost

We decided to check out another bar near Atwater Village, in Los Feliz. Uwe said I "owed him a dive" since he agreed to check out Club Tee Gee with me.

The Roost
3100 Los Feliz Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA
We were expecting a dive but were pleasantly surprised. It's got a hypnotic red glow inside, with a popcorn machine, and decorative roosters thrown in for good measure. There were lots of hipsters & regulars here. One girl told the bartender, "I missed you! I just finished my final exams, so you'll see me here a lot more often now."

On a funny note, a couple patrons from Club Tee Gee followed us to The Roost. Uwe was pretty freaked out by that. Being as it wasn't close enough to walk and you had to drive from one location to the other. What are the odds in LA?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The bar was funky and had lots of seating. Only negative was that the bartender would stir instead of shake our cocktails, including Uwe's dirty martini. I've never seen a bartender do that before at a real bar. Also, the bartender served my cosmo in a wine glass (vs. a martini glass). Strange.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
It had a funky ambiance and it's local - so we may go back if we're in the area.

No comments: