Friday, April 27, 2007

Julieta Venegas - Me voy

This song came out on the "Limo`n y Sal" album in June 2006. When we were in Italy last September we heard it being played everywhere we went, so for that reason, whenever I hear it I think of our vacation in Italy.

A lot of foreign language songs don't make the cross-over to America, so Kudos to Julieta Venegas. I have no idea what the words are to this Spanish song but it doesn't seem to matter because it has a great melody.

She's also performing at Coachella today.

3 comments:

killstead said...

The title of the song is "Me Voy" and it means "I'm leaving".

The chorus of the song says,

"Qué lástima pero adios, me despido de ti y me voy"

"What a pity but good-bye, I bid you farewell and I'm leaving" (literal translation)

"I'm sorry but good-bye, I bid you farewell, because I'm leaving" (interpreted translation)

At one point Julieta sings, "no voy a llorar y decir que no merezco esto porque, es probable que lo merezco pero no lo quiero y por eso me voy.. que lastima pero adios.."

Which means, "I'm not going to cry and say that I don't deserve this because it's likely that I deserve it but I don't want it and therefore I'm leaving.. so sorry but good-bye..."

-killstead

Rose said...

Killstead:
Thanks for interpreting. It's a beautiful song.

Anonymous said...

OMG! I was in Italy as well in the summer of '06 and I too fell in love with this song. I thought it was a beautiful love song....Boy was I wrong! Thanks for your blog and interpretation!